Join us for a Group Pre-Ride of the 18.8-mile Robious Landing Triathlon bike course on Saturday, June 16. Meet in the parking lot of James River High School (3700 James River Road) at 7:45 and check in with the Race Director (look for the blue "Bike Start" flag) We'll have a quick safety briefing, and roll out at 8am sharp. Free to join, but please RSVP by registering through THIS LINK [coming soon]. You do not have to be registered to race in order to join the group ride. Bring your friends!
Helmets are required. The ride will be self-supported, so be sure to carry enough fluids as well as your own flat kit. Ride at your own pace with no pressure to keep up with the front of the pack. The course is out-and-back, so a ride leader will loop back after completing the course to pick up the tail end.
June 22: Robious Landing Park: Robious Landing Tri Pre-Swim : Check in at 5:40, Swim at 6pm.
This free, open-to-all group swim is a Sanctioned USA Triathlon Event hosted by Go To Eleven Racing. There is no set course and buoys will not be in place; most will swim upriver to the Stone Harbor ramp swim start, and then return. Feel free to turn around at any point.
- You do not have to be registered to race in order to join this group swim, but everyone (racing or not) must RSVP by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You must be a USAT member to participate: bring your annual USAT membership card to check in, or pay $15 for a one-day USAT membership (this is a fee paid to USAT, not to us). We will check in all swimmers and verify USAT membership. If you registered to race the tri on Sunday, and purchased a one-day membership for the race, you are covered.
- Brightly colored swim caps are required. If you do not have one, we will provide you with one.
- Kayak support needed! Please email us if you're able to bring a kayak and keep an eye on the swimmers.
- This event is weather-permitting. Thunder or lightning will cause the swim to be cancelled.