Friday, May 19, 2017
- 4:00pm - 7:00pm : Packet pick up :: Shady Grove YMCA Pavilion - next to the large parking lot, opposite the soccer fields
- There is no Friday pre-race briefing. We will conduct a short briefing prior to the start of the race.
USA Triathlon Requirements
**Youth membership fees reduced in 2016! Every participant of a USA Triathlon - sanctioned youth event (across the whole country) annual USAT youth membership ($10). Annual USAT membership gives you the USAT magazine and national rankings.
Saturday, May 20, 2017
- 6:30am - 7:30am : packet pickup at the pavilion behind the pool area. We encourage Friday packet pick up to avoid lines on race day.
- 6:30am - 7:30am : Timing chip pickup at pavilion behind pool. Each athlete must wear a timing chip to participate.
- 6:30am : Transition opens - ONE parent per athlete is allowed in with their child, BEFORE the race only
- 7:00am : Volunteer Check-in : Tent adjacent to pavilion
- 7:45am : Transition closes
- 7:50am : Pre-race meeting behind YMCA at swim pool entrance/exit MAKE SURE YOUR CHILD HAS THEIR CHIP ON & GOES IN THEIR ASSIGNED WAVE
- 8:00am : Race start for kids age 5-8, big kids please cheer on the lil guys!
- 9:00am : Race start for kids age 9-15, all big kids need to have their gear set up by 7:45am before the lil kid's race begins!
- Approx ~ 10:30am : Awards presentation - Large pavilion by the finish line