After 12 years of great racing, The Naylor's Beach Triathlon has been discontinued. We sincerely appreciate your support at the 2016 event, as we took over management of the event from Richmond Multisports. Unfortunately, the event has seen a significant decrease in participation over the last several years due to competition from other events in the regional calendar, and the numbers have dropped to an unsustainable level. We regret not being able to bring back an event to the beautifully scenic Naylor's Beach Campground venue in 2017. We want to express our gratitute to the Richmond County Sheriff's Department and Emergency Services, the Jenkins family, and the Naylor's Beach neighborhood for their steadfast support of multisport for over a decade.
- In 2016 we hosted for the second year we host the USA Triathlon Mid-Atlantic Paratriathlon Regional Championship!
- The Olympic Distance tri, Sprint tri, and Duathlon are all on the same day
- ONE transition area for T1 and T2; no day-before bike dropoff, no shuttle bus, no fuss.
- 12th annual event
- Nancy and Clifton took over ownership and management of the campground in 2012 and have given it a facelift and it looks great! These great people are terrific hosts. Naylor's Beach is a campground right on the clean Rappahannock River, if you are on a budget please call them to reserve your camp site. This peaceful & relaxing rural atmosphere is an excellent break from the city.
- Wetsuit eligible in 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015.
- The Olympic bike course is very rolling and hilly, yet scenic with a rural country setting. Does that sound too tough for you? Race the sprint; the bike course is pretty flat!
- Run is flat, but not much shade, yet rural and beautiful.
- The sprint course is returning for its 7th year, and is gaining in popularity.
- If you don't like huge crowds and are on a budget, this event is for you. The combined cap for all the races is only 400, and you can camp out and race right at the same venue.
- The drive in from Richmond, DC, or VA Beach is only 1 - 2 hrs depending on traffic.
- Local police and volunteer support is obvious when you arrive.
- With olympic, sprint, aquabike, and duathlon options you can find a niche for everyone in your family or have your folks volunteer
- Why Naylor's Beach? It's such a laid back break from the city. The locals are awesome and supportive, and the river is just amazingly beautiful!
The Naylor's Beach Tornado Relief Fund
Naylor's Beach is a small waterfront community in Warsaw, VA, adjacent to our triathlon venue. The last quarter mile of the bike course goes through this neighborhood. Though there are many vacation homes in the neighborhood, several residents reside there year-round.
On February 24, 2016, an F3 tornado ripped through Warsaw, damaging several homes beyond repair. During the storm, Naylor's Beach permanent residents took cover in basements and closets while their houses were destroyed from above. Others returned later to find their belongings strewn across the adjacent corn field.
Monetary support will help Naylor's Beach residents defray costs incurred during the cleanup of their neighborhood.
The proceeds from this fundraiser will go to the Naylor's Beach Neighborhood Association.
On Sunday, February 28, over 50 athletes and volunteers associated with the Naylor's Beach Triathlon pitched in to help with debris cleanup collecting debris from the adjacent field, treeline, and marsh, but much remains to be done.
Visit the GoFundMe page for more details and more video here